Monday 13 February 2017

Introduction ~ And(The Book)

Introduction




This is the story of *Andy and I, and our years together. It is shocking in detail, due to the incredible memory of some of his alters. Andy did not know about any of the abuse when I first met him. It was locked away in the minds of his alters. There were times when I couldn't help but wonder if that knowledge should not have stayed there. I hoped I wasn't wrong in introducing my suspicions about his diagnosis.

I wrote this book ten years ago. Since then I learned that the ending is not what really happened. I am not going to re-write the ending as I like the ending- therefore this book is fiction. But hey- we all like happy endings.

I have plans to write more of my life's story, anyway, and at that time I will likely tell the true ending and how that knowledge changed things for me.
The copyright for this book is updated as of this date: February 9, 2017

The * denotes names that have been changed. Andy is not the true name of the character about which this book is written. I have changed his name and a few others for the purpose of anonymity. *Andy is still afraid of his father and biological mother who are both still alive. His father had repeatedly told him he would kill him if he ever told this story. For numerous reasons, I also chose to protect the identity of the grandmother that adopted Andy and the name of the town where she lives and where Andy was raised. Andy's Mom, the grandmother who adopted him, raised him with lots of love, if not with real understanding. She did her best with what she understood and we love her very much for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us

Donate

About Author

About Author
Connie Jean Conklin, MEd is a former mental health professional, decades long advocate for mental health consumers and a survivor of child abuse, herself. She feels it is important to share the knowledge she has gained through her experience and search for recovery so that others can heal sooner.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.