Saturday 17 August 2019

I am a failed hedgehog!


I love the Hidden Brain on NPR.  But this podcast really made me think.  I came to the conclusion I am a hedgehog.  Here's the link so you can listen, yourself.

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528041635/the-fox-and-the-hedgehog-the-triumphs-and-perils-of-going-big?utm_content=bufferffca2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR2FZ2UAGODcoVt3sLNgwK_4CoVnrOvL5F-548BhPY9Nm97fL0CotJOZzqY

I had to look for patterns in how I react.   I see a need and I jump right in to fix it. Then I had to look at what that meant.  I fail pretty much every time.

What did I learn?  Maybe I need to slow down and plan more- won't be easy!!!!!  

Wow, I just had a conversation with someone this morning about when I did that- this someone is definitely NOT a hedgehog.  I couldn't wait for them to do what they needed to do before I started in on making changes, which upset them, and messed up any relationship for several months.  I just can't seem to sit around, twiddling my thumbs, doing NOTHING- when it's so obvious there's much that needs doing.  Not the same as being impulsive because I do plan.  But some people think, then plan, then think for another few weeks or months and - ErrGGGG  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join Us

Donate

About Author

About Author
Connie Jean Conklin, MEd is a former mental health professional, decades long advocate for mental health consumers and a survivor of child abuse, herself. She feels it is important to share the knowledge she has gained through her experience and search for recovery so that others can heal sooner.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.